Thursday, June 30, 2011

A table "remake"

Remember these little blue side tables? Well, after changing my mind a million times and finding a great new bookcase, I now have to place/purpose for either of them in my home. I did decide something fun to do with them though.

Here's my first attempt (first meaning, I have to redo it):

I cleaned the table and sanded the top smooth and painted it key lime from Rustoleum.
Then, I added a vinyl stencil in a damask pattern, taped off the bottom and painted the top black.
After it dried, I peeled the vinyl stencil off and here's where it went wrong. My paint job stuck beautifully to the blue paint, but that paint wasn't sticking very well to the original brown stain anymore... Sadly, I peeled all the way to the stain in a few places.
I've since sanded the tabletop to the bare wood and repainted the green. I'm going to try the stencil again this week (I hope). I also started the other table and it will be coral. Oh, and the base needs some glaze, don't you think? I can't wait to see how it turns out. My boys told me they want the green table in their room, they like it so much.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin