Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nursery Pendant Light

We mostly finished up the nursery before Daisy was born, but I'm only now getting around to posting about it.

I picked up a ceiling hook kit at Home Depot for a couple of dollars and had my husband install it. We weren't able to get wiring not intended for the interior of walls to make a long cord for our light, so I've got it plugged into an extension cord. I'm going to be covering the yard "rope" I made to hang the ball with some extra nursery fabric. I have a good friend finishing up the crib bedding and once I get my extra fabric back from her, that'll get done.


Meanwhile, it's a wonderful middle-of-the-night nursing spot. My little girl loves to have this 'night light' on and it gives a nice pale glow to the room. Just enough light for me to see, but dark enough to sleep comfortably. It's great and I'm so glad I took the time to make this light.


PS. I still haven't found a black cushion for my rocking chair, but I will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Check Sears for rocking chair cushions - have them in a myriad of colours. Also - i am pretty sure Home Depot among others have a chain covered cord for making pendant lights. Not too expensive. Everything is looking beautiful btw.
xo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin