Friday, April 1, 2011

Spray Painting Projects

This morning after dropping my oldest off at school, my younger 2 boys wanted to play outside. It wasn't long before I realized that there was no breeze. That never happens around here, so I decided to take advantage of it and do some spray painting in the back yard.

My nursery rocking chair went from ivory
to heirloom white.
Again, the difference is much more noticeable in person. I'm still looking for a comfy, black cushion for it. I might try dying the cushion I already have black and see how that goes.

I also took a black frame and turned it white for the nursery.

After picking up my son from school, I decided to head to Ross to look for a curtain rod for the girls room. A couple of weeks ago, my 2 younger boys pulled the old curtain and rod off the wall (breaking the rod) and that room is south facing, so it's BRIGHT during the day. It's also the only room my 4 year old can take a nap in (since the 2 year old is in their room sleeping). In other words, he hasn't had a nap in a few weeks and it's starting to show. He doesn't nap every day (he's 4), but 2 or 3 times a week, he could sure use one!

Did you know that you can get 10 ft decorative curtain rods at Ross for less than $20? I picked up this cute white rod with pink flower finials for $13.99 today. I wanted a white rod for the curtains I'll be making (one day...) and the flowers definitely go with the floral fabric I picked out. However, the baby pink isn't me, so it had to go. I spray painted the pink wooden part of the finial yellow this afternoon (pic to come later) and I'm hoping to transform the rest of it to a darker, more coral color to better match the fabric tonight.


I also scrubbed clean a piece of chicken wire I got from a friend and spray painted it yellow for my hair-bow organizer. I just need to paint the frame and put it all together. I'm hoping it turns out like I have it pictured in my head.

Well, enough updating, I'm off to work on some projects...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin