Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pink-ish Mirror and Finials

Last summer, I bought an Ikea bedroom set from my next door neighbor. I ended up selling most of the pieces and only kept the toy box and this mirror that I decided to paint coral for the nursery (and later girls room). I figure it'll be a nice spot for any tiny jewelry she might have. I forgot to take a picture of it before I started painting it and Ikea no longer sells this mirror. It's wood and matched the finish of the toy box.

Here's my after with my cute 2 year old modeling in the mirror.
And this is what I got when I told him to smile.

I also finished up the pink curtain rod finials mentioned yesterday. Here's the blurry before:
And the lovely after:
I spray painted the yellow part and then mixed some of my coral craft paint with water (about a 1:1 ratio) and lightly brushed it on. I wanted to keep the clear, translucent look of the original pink. It may not look that good up close, but from a distance it's really pretty and turned out just as I was hoping. And who's going to look that closely at my curtain finials when they're high up on the wall? Since it's paint on plastic, it's not durable, but again, no one will be touching them once they're on the wall (hopefully tonight). A true after won't be for a while since I doubt I'll be sewing the girls room curtains any time soon, but I'll show you when I get there.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin