Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Finished Pendant Light

*Edited to add a better picture of the finished pendant.*
So, almost 1,000 coffee filters and 10+ hours later, I have a lovely pendant light for the nursery.

I bought a small 8" paper lantern and "junior" sized coffee filters to try to make this pendant as small as possible and not too big for the nursery. It ended up being 12 inches in diameter, finished.
So, here's where I got the first night:

View from the bottom.
This is about halfway, believe it or not.
I decided last night that I was just going to finish it already, no matter how late it got. I finished up just before midnight (sorry about the bad lighting).

*Here it is in natural light:
After spending that much time and energy, I decided there is no way I'm putting a hot bulb inside this light. Visions of all the hot glue melting and coffee filters falling off kept me from finishing it for quite a while. Luckily, I was able to find an LED candelabra bulb that I can use instead of CFL or incandescent. Once my husband gets me a nice long cord for the light, we'll get it up and lit in the nursery. I can hardly wait to see the final result!

No comments:


Blog Widget by LinkWithin