Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Nursery Lamp

So, I said in my last post that I was going to get this lamp to transform for the nursery. I like to change my mind, though, so I ended up bringing home this white lovely on Friday.

Last night, I got the urge and just ran with it. I scuff sanded the ceramic base so the spray paint would stick better and taped off the cord and light socket.

In between coats of paint, I ironed my fabric and cut it in the shape of my shade. At that point, you're supposed to use spray adhesive to stick the fabric to the shade, but I was feeling lazy and didn't want to deal with the mess that spray adhesive creates. So, I used elmer's stick glue, the kind that goes on purple and dries clear. I figured, if it didn't work, no harm done and I'd get out my spray adhesive. It worked! Saved me a bunch of time, too! Then, I cut the top and bottom edges of the fabric to about a 1/2 inch from the shade and hot glued the edges down.

Here it is in all it's girly glory with our green nursery walls behind it:


And lit...
The base is actually a bright yellow (the same color as the yellow flower in the fabric), but the green wall makes it look greenish. I love how it turned out! I can hardly wait to get our white dresser/buffet moved into the nursery so the lamp has a place to sit up off the floor.

I've also worked on a couple of other things, too, but nothing else is finished. I did make some tissue paper balls, but they turned out a bit small, so I'm going to do them over again. Tonight is my husband's weekly Cub Scout meeting, so I'm hoping to get a bunch done while he's gone.

1 comment:

Robert and Cassie said...

That is SO cute! LOVE it! You're so talented!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin