Friday, March 25, 2011

Two Week Deadline and Progress Report

I decided towards the beginning of this month, that I have until April 9th to get my nursery done. I work better with deadlines and I figure the last month of my pregnancy should be organizing and getting clothes - not decor - for my little girl. I realized yesterday that I only have 2 weeks until my deadline! Here's my ambitious to-do list and what I've gotten done so far:

I wanted the nursery painted a different color and painted the whole thing on Wednesday. I was over the lemon sherbet color it was (way too bright, I thought) and wanted something darker. My husband went for it because I already had the paint leftover from the kitchen. The green in my kitchen matches my green paisley nursery fabric (long story) and we over bought by almost 2 gallons when we were painting it.

Here's the before:

Here's the almost after:
We need to go over the edges one more time and my husband should be doing that today. (I'm done going up and down a step-ladder.) We're also going to be adding a window sill around the window and painting that out before putting anything back into the nursery. Hubby volunteered to do that too. We're hoping it gets done this weekend. Then we'll be installing the new white faux-wood blinds and hanging the nursery curtains back up.

I've been working on the pendant light and I'm getting faster. Still quite a ways to go though. Here's what it looked like as of last night:

This is 650 coffee filters. Any guesses as to how many it'll eventually need? I'm almost out of filters and will be picking up more later today. Hubby again volunteered to do the lighting aspect of this project, so that'll be done after I get all the furniture in the nursery and I know for sure where I want to hang it.

I'm also going to do some tissue paper balls (in black, yellow and dark pink) to hang from the ceiling in another part of the room. We just have to get a few more things done before I can make them.

Here's my fabric for my crib set. I'm not the fastest (or best) sewer, so I need to get started on this soon. I'm planning on making a bumper, crib skirt and 2 crib sheets from this fabric. I have all the supplies, I just need to DO it.


Here's my girly fabrics for the nursery. What looks like pink in the picture below is actually a dark coral color. LOVE it! Everything I make/do with these fabrics will eventually get moved to the "girls" room when #5 comes along. I'm going to be picking up this lamp today. It'll get painted yellow and the shade will be recovered in the floral print below. I got some chicken wire from a friend and I'm planning on making a hairbow organizer like this one with it and the large polka-dot print fabric below. I hope it turns out like in my head! I'll be making curtains for the girls room out of the floral print and the small green polka-dot fabric below. That's not by my deadline, just soon (I hope!).


I also still need to repaint the rocking chair and find a new cushion for it, along with a few other finishing touches. And we need to put everything in the nursery. Hopefully, it'll all get done by my deadline (or at least close to it).

2 comments:

Life with the Warrens said...

did i just read a 5 in there?? good luck i can't wait to see it all put together.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Wow! Good luck! I keep telling myself - 14 weeks you still have time. I really must buckle down and get some work done on it too!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin