Monday, May 10, 2010

Project Loft Redo

Last week I posted about my nursery curtains. Well, here's a better picture. Thought you might like to see.

I would have finished my loft curtains long ago, but just as I was starting to sew up the last panel, my needle hit a sewing pin just wrong and landed my sewing machine in the shop for a week! I was NOT happy about it, but it was nice to find a repair shop/fabric store just a few miles from my house. I got my machine back this weekend and went to town today. Here's a close up of my new loft curtains:
And this is what it looks like on the wall. For some reason, my husband and I thought the dots were bigger before I hung the curtains... So I'm not sure how I like them. I might add curtain grommits to them and see if that improves my feelings. Up close, they're really cute and the colors are perfect with the furniture/decor we'll be adding to the room over the next few weeks. (What do you think about them?) You can see a corner of the blue Lovesac I got off Craigslist that was the jumping off point for the colors in this room. My orange nightstand/endtable looks really nice with the curtains too.
I've slowly been working on the next piece for the loft. My buffet/console table! Here's a before:
I decided since the previous paint jobs were so bad, that I'd strip it and then repaint it. I actually did it! Here's what everything looks like right now:

I know it doesn't look that great, but it's a BIG improvement over the before. I'm so glad I stripped it all off because the grooves on the feet are a LOT deeper than I thought at first. I'm getting really excited to see what it'll look like when it's all green and black! Plus, now that the stripping is done, all I have is the sanding and painting (the easy stuff, in that I can do it without having someone else watch my kids while I'm working on it.)

I've got some more sewing projects I'm working on this week; more curtains (for my boys' room) and new oven mitts for my kitchen. Plus, I have a friend coming over tomorrow for some serious crafting, preparing for a big craft night we'll be hosting at my house soon. With all that and life going on, I'm hoping to get my buffet finished by the end of next week. Then I can order my couch!

1 comment:

Becca said...

wow, you have been busy. Way to go on the curtains and I can't beleive how much work you did on the buffet. I can't wait to see the finished project.
By the way, did you get my e-mail about the sayings?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin