Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Nursery Frame

My nursery is coming along. Before anyone gets too excited though, let me just say I'm planning ahead.

I made this frame to match the curtains I made recently. Eventually, I plan on painting an accent wall green and this frame will go on that wall. I also plan on having another baby eventually, too, so the name will be changing.

I forgot to take a picture of it when the frame was all together, but I snapped one right before I primed it. So, here's my before picture:

And here's my cute after:
I just laid the backing of the frame on my freshly ironed fabric and cut around it. I put the vinyl on top of the plexiglass so I won't have to take it apart to change the name when baby #4 decides to come along. So, after spray painting and (sort of) letting it dry, I layered it all together and leaned it against the wall on top of the dresser in the nursery. I really like how it turned out and can't wait to see it with the whole room changed... eventually.

Plans for the nursery include: painting one accent wall green, replacing the current dresser with a vintage white dresser (after I fix and paint it), re-painting my piano bench and rocking chair white (they're currently ivory which looks odd with the yellow in the nursery) and getting a nice, new white crib, plus a couple more ideas knocking around in my head. But most of that won't happen until we've got #4 on the way and #3 is sleeping in a different room, so it'll be a while.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin