Saturday, November 26, 2011

Master Bedroom Nightstands, After

I finished my nightstands about a month ago. So, here's the before again:

I wanted to see if I could get a nice metal look without going to the trouble of silver leafing them first, so I spray painted them with Krylond silver spray paint. After that dried, I painted the surface with black glaze, wiped it off and rubbed it in. In the picture below, the body of the nightstand is glazed, but I haven't done the drawers yet. It's a subtle, but important difference, I think.

Here's a close-up of the drawers pre-glaze and the nightstand post-glaze.
And here's my afters!
We moved them to our bedroom and stuck them in the corner soon after I finished them. I finally emptied our old nightstands and moved them out to the hall (where they still are) and put these lovelies in place a couple weeks ago. I LOVE how they turned out and can't wait to see the rest of our bedroom come together (eventually, we're s-l-o-w around here).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin