Thursday, January 28, 2010

Powder room progress

I've been wanting to get a few projects done lately. Just as I was going to haul our computer desk outside for a new finish - the weather got rainy. So, I shifted gears and painted my downstairs bathroom this past weekend.

This is the closest things I have to a before picture. I was taking the back of the tank off the toilet.

Here's my finished-so-far bathroom. It's a light purple (Sensitive Tint, I think, from Sherwin Williams color matched at Home Depot). I picked the color out of the sky in the painting below.
My little "iron man" I bought at Panama City Beach, FL my senior year of high school on a band trip. The painting came from a friend. She'd pulled it from a dumpster (the glass was broken) so she could have the frame and when I told her I'd take the picture, she gave the whole thing to me. My husband replaced the glass in it for Valentine's Day a few years ago. The little dresser came from Overstock.com. It holds extra toilet paper and hand towels and will eventually hold small bottles of the cleaners I use to clean the bathroom.

I'm not finished with my bathroom yet. I'm planning on putting a scripture verse in gray vinyl around the top of the wall, like a wallpaper boarder. I'm thinking John 8:12. I headed out to Joanns this week and got another Thomas Kinkade lighthouse and a frame for over the toilet. I also have a basket for the back of the toilet to hold lotions. I'm still looking for something for across from the toilet, too. I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin