Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vinyl Decor

I've been working on a few different things lately. Here's some of my vinyl projects.

I found the wood for this SPOOKY sign in the cut bin at Home Depot a few weeks ago and had to buy for 51 cents. After thinking about the size for a while, I decided on SPOOKY for this board. I made this particular sign for a good friend last October, but I added the spiderweb to it to fill the board a bit better.

(Sorry about the funky green background, I promise my wall is a MUCH better green in person!)

I spray painted the board orange with the leftover paint from my nightstand/end table and then glazed it with my black glaze. I really like how it turned out. I'm considering doing the vinyl on both sides so I can display it both ways in my home. We'll see.

My best friend (we've known each other since we were 13) is having her first baby this month. I wanted to make her something and she asked for a vinyl monogram and some letters to make these cute blocks. I offered to make the blocks for her and she loved that idea. It was a fun little project. I hand painted the bunny, dandelion and dragonfly (in case you didn't know what they were) on four sides of each block to match her nursery bedding. After I sealed the paint with a clear acrylic varnish, I added the vinyl. They turned out pretty good, I think, especially for free-handing it all.

I did these Be-blocks based on this talented lady's tutorial. I tried cutting out each letter and adding them individually like she did, but it was driving me nuts (I'm a little too much of a perfectionist at times), so I started over. I designed each side on my computer then cut it out. I really like how it turned out the second time around, although I think the words could be a bit bigger for the size blocks I used. My friend, Morgan suggested the colors and I loved how it turned out. They look even better in person.

After watching the Sunday morning session of General Conference this past April, I sat down at my computer and designed this sign. This is the message I came away with that morning. I absolutely love this sign and I hope to eventually get around to hanging it up in my living room.

So, that's what I've been working on for the past little while. I (as always) have a ton of stuff in the works. I'm hoping to finish a few more things soon.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I just love all your projects. I keep thinking...I wish we lived so much closer...you have such cute ideas and are so talented. I think we also have similar tastes which is always nice. Love them all. When are you moving to Iowa:)

Kirsty Girl said...

It all Looks so great! I love the sign and blocks! Great work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin