Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Vinyl looks good on anything!

I picked up this plate the other day at Home Goods. It was on clearance for 50 cents. I was looking for a square plate since I'm a little partial to square tiles for my vinyl. But I thought, for 50 cents, I couldn't go wrong!

This was a fun one to design. I bought my vinyl cutter back in May so I can use it to decorate our home (we're closing this weekend! Yea!) but I haven't done any challenging designs with my software yet. It was fun to figure out how to get the words the size I wanted and laid out in a circle.


I told my husband when he got home last night that now I just need to find a plate hanger so we can hang it in our kitchen after the move. And whatdaya know? I found the perfect solution over at Shanty2Chic, posted yesterday! I'll be picking up some of these plate hangers in the near future for sure.

* Someone asked me recently if I have a Cricut that I cut my vinyl with. They are super fun. I have several friends who have a Cricut and I've used one, but I chose to get an actual vinyl cutter so that I could do bigger vinyl projects than the Cricut can do. I have read that a vinyl cutter can be used like a Cricut, aka used to cut paper but I've yet to figure out how. I'm still exploring the fun things I can do with just vinyl. I have been getting excited about various projects I've seen in blogland using scrapbook paper so I'll probably be figuring that out soon. I'll let you know how it goes. If you're interested in a vinyl cutter, I got mine for a fairly good price at this website. I've also bought all my vinyl from them. Hope that helps!

2 comments:

~ Regan said...

Thanks for checkingout my blog! I will be sure to head back here tonight when the baby goes down for a closer look! ;)

Infarrantly Creative said...

Pretty jealous that you have one of those! Was it expensive?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin