Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Paint projects

I finally did it! I admired this shelf in a neighbors bathroom years ago and when they moved she gave it to me. It was originally just the natural bamboo color, but I've wanted to paint it chocolate brown almost since I got it. I finally pulled out the spray paint and did it! This was my first spray paint project. Spray paint has scared me for ages, but now the fear is gone. It was a lot of fun and other than still waiting for the feeling to return in my index finger a great experience. This will eventually land in the hall bath upstairs in our new house. Not sure what's going to be on the shelf yet. I'm planning on painting a step stool for the bathroom as well.

Speaking of bathrooms, this is my sample board for our downstairs powder room. I'm really liking the stripes, but we're going to go with just the one lighter shade of purple for the big stripe and a more gray than black small stripe when we actually do the bathroom. I can't wait to see how this turns out.
I'm getting so excited about all the projects I'll get to finalize when we move!

1 comment:

Life with the Warrens said...

that shelf thingy looks great. and the stripes are gonna be so cool.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin