Monday, February 8, 2010

The Swing Set

We got the kids a swing set for Christmas. We picked a kit that you have to buy the wood separate. It took us a month, but we finally finished it. This past Friday, I pulled out all the wood for the platform to the slide and put it together while my kids were doing quiet time/naps.

Here it is, half the planks screwed down (above). And here's my two youngest having fun on the finished product (below).

Saturday came and we devoted the whole day to finishing it up. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work too.

Here's a couple of pictures of us putting it together.

And the finished swing set (so far)! We were so excited, we went out for pizza for dinner.

We still need to stake the swing set down. My husband was trying to do that, but the ground here around Tucson is rock hard and the stake wouldn't go but a few inches down. We also need to attach the slide to the swing set. The slide was supposed to come with hardware, but for some reason, it didn't. I keep forgetting to call and see if we can get new hardware shipped to us. When I get around to that, we'll be adding the slide. Until then, our kids LOVE the swings!

**After finishing this project together, my husband told me that he would be willing to help me with some more projects (like all the furniture piling up in the garage that needs to be refinished! Yippee!**

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin