Thursday, April 29, 2010


**Edited to participate in DIY day at A Soft Place to Land.**

Okay, so I bought this fabric last July with the intention of making curtains right after our move (in December) for the nursery. And it's taken me forever!

Last week, a friend of mine showed me the cutest fabric. I had to have it for my loft (which I'm working on, s-l-o-w-l-y), so I went out and bought the same fabric on Saturday. I have one more panel to finish for those curtains, then I'll hang them and post pictures. It's perfect for my color scheme in my loft and I'm really excited.

Since I was excited to do curtains, finally, I decided to finish my nursery curtains before finishing my loft curtains ('cause I was more excited about the loft's curtains than the nursery's. Does anyone else do that? or is it just me?). Anyway, I LOVE my baby's new curtains! I lined the curtains with blackout fabric to block the light and heat from my nursery. I found these black 1" curtain grommits a while ago and thought they would go well with my green paisley fabric. Grommit's are AWESOME! I rarely open curtains in the bedrooms because it's just a pain to move them back and forth on the rod, but with the grommits, they just move so easily that I'm going to use them on all my bedroom curtains!

Here's a picture of the finished curtain. You can see the white blackout fabric lining and the wonderful black grommits.

And here they are hanging in my nursery! Sorry about the horrible picture. I tried to get a better one, but no such luck. They look great! I love them so much that I'm thinking if we have a girl next, I won't be changing it.
This is the same fabric that I used to recover my piano bench back in September. I've had the bench in the nursery since the move, but now it looks more like it belongs. I have some other ideas for decorating/using my lovely green paisley, so hopefully it turns out! I'm not pregnant at the moment, so I have to wait until #4 is on his/her way before I can make any more changes. I'm thinking white furniture and a green accent wall... Can't wait!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Laundry room progress

I saw a really cute idea a while ago at Centsational Girl and I finally copied it today! Plus, I took it a step further.

My dryer is usually COVERED in laundry related cleaning items. I buy in bulk/large containers where I can and it makes it hard to reach the dryer controls. So, I decided to make it cuter. What do you think?

I got the glass jars from Target and applied my own vinyl stickers "SUDS", "OXI" (for oxi-clean) and a flower on an oil jar for my Odoban. I spray painted the jars with frosted glass spray paint then peal the stickers off and they turned out really cute. I haven't tried the Odoban in the oil jar thing yet (I finished doing the laundry before I finished this project today), so I'm not sure how that will work, but I hope good. And the letters show up better in person, the lighting stinks in my laundry room.

**Random info follows. I LOVE Odoban and put it in every load of laundry. It kills odors (like your kids soaked the bed at night and you might die for the smell, kills odors) and is a great all-around cleaner. You can only buy it at Home Depot and Sam's Club and you can only buy it by the gallon, hence the smaller container for my dryer top. Oh, and I wasn't paid to say that, I just grew up using the stuff.**


Blog Widget by LinkWithin